How do I know if I am in the flood zone?

Printing out a FIRMette (Flood Insurance Rate Map) from the FEMA website is the most up-to-date information provided on the maps that will not only allow you to view your property, but will also allow you to print out a copy so that you may present it to your lender or insurance agent if you are ever asked. Most agents or lending facilities want to see an actual FIRMette map printed directly from FEMA's (Federal Emergency Management Agency) website for their records. 

Please look under the Forms Section (at the Floodplain Information Website) for a link to the brochure that guides you to finding and printing a FIRMette. Due to technological advancements and new land development in recent years, the present official FIRM maps may not have all streets labeled nor do they have any aerial photos. The Preliminary Digital FIRMs under current review may help future determinations be more specific to show certain areas.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a pothole/street light outage/sidewalk crack?
2. How do I reserve a City Hall Conference Room?
3. Do you approve concrete, asphalt and mortar mix designs?
4. There is water coming out of my roadway, what do I do?
5. Who has to buy flood insurance?
6. How do I know if I am in the flood zone?