Citywide spring/summer daytime outdoor watering (from April 1 to September 30) restricted customers from watering during the daytime hours of 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. October 1 to March 31 allows customers to water during these hours on their designated watering days.
The Las Cruces Utilities (LCU) Water Conservation Ordinance and Regulations permits residents to water outside vegetation with:
- Even-numbered addresses on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
- Odd-numbered addresses on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays
- No watering is permitted on Mondays
Use the 24-hour LCU Water Conservation Program Hotline (575) 528-4444, and leave a recorded voicemail to report water waste that includes:
- Watering on a wrong day
- Water leaving the property or ponding on the property
- Not using a bucket and shut-off nozzle to wash vehicles or pavement
When calling, please provide day, time, address, or location. The TTY number, for people who are hearing impaired, is (575) 528-3541.
LCU encourages residents to use water wisely in order to conserve for future demand.