September 10, 2022
200 E. Picacho Ave.
Las Cruces, NM 88001
Recycled Book Tablet Cover
Saturday, September 10, 2022
We'll be making a decorative tablet cover out of a hardback book. We'll supply everything you need for the project. You will need to bring your tablet to ensure the correct sizing. Alert: This project involves knives and strong glue, and is not appropriate for children. Please dress accordingly.
We will provide all supplies for this project, however, if you'd like to have more choice in the final project, you are welcome to bring any of your own supplies.
The supply list:
- Fabric for the outside (Quilting cotton works perfectly for this and comes in a variety of colors and patterns. Precut "fat-quarters" are generally a good size for smaller devices. For a larger tablet, you'll want fabric more than twice the size of the device.)
- Fabric for the inside facing cover (A softer fabric like a flannel, soft felt, t-shirt. This will be in contact with the screen of your device, so soft and non abrasive.)
- Light cardboard (cereal/cracker boxes are perfect)
- Elastic to hold the device (1/4 to 1/8 inch wide, you may be able to find this in a coordinating color)
- Knife (Craft, ultility, box cutter, etc)
- Cutting mat or thick cardboard to protect your work surface
- Hardback book (At least slightly larger than your tablet, and a little bit thicker than your tablet. Once the pages are removed from the book, your device will need to fit inside with the book cover closed.)
- Glue, white (Mod-Podge, Elmer's, etc)
- Foam paint brush (Small)
- Glue, clear (Beacon's Fabri-tac or 3-in-1, Aleen's Fabric Fusion, or similar. You want fast drying and dries clear.)