The following agenda will be considered by the Planning and Zoning Commission of the City of Las Cruces, New Mexico, at a public hearing scheduled for Tuesday, July 28, 2020, beginning at 6:00 p.m. The health, safety, and wellbeing of our residents and businesses are a top priority for City Council and the leadership in Las Cruces. Consistent with and in support of the public health order from Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham and the New Mexico Department of Health, the above referenced Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting will be held via video conference. Individuals may view meetings live at lascruces.civicweb.net or YouTube.com/clctv20. In an effort to seek public input, we ask that if you have comments/concerns/questions to please call or e-mail the Planners in advance of the meeting at 575-528-3043 or Development_Services@las-cruces.org.
1. Case 20ZO0500064: A request for a zone change from UR (Urban Ranch, 1981 Zoning Code) to RE-M (Single-Family Residential Estate Mobile) or EE (Equestrian Estate) on multiple properties to bring them into compliance with the 2001 Zoning Code, as amended. The affected properties are all located in Council District 6 and are addressed as follows:
2. Case 20CS0500056: A request for a preliminary plat known as Del Rey Estates Phase 2. The preliminary plat proposes 35 single-family residential lots that are required to follow all development standards of the R-1a zoning district and the Del Rey Estates Master Plan. The subject property encompasses 6.88 + acres and is located on the north side of Del West Avenue and east of Zeno Place. Council District 5
3. ZCA-20-01: An amendment to the City of Las Cruces Zoning Code, Chapter 38, Article V, Section 38-49.2 (South Mesquite Overlay District) to transfer the duties of the South Mesquite Design Review Board to the Las Cruces Historic Preservation Commission.
2. Case 20CS0500050: An application of Souder Miller and Associates on behalf of the property owner, Sonoma Ranch East 2 LLC, to amend the Sonoma Ranch East 2 Master Plan, known as Sonoma Ranch East 2 Master Plan Amendment #4, to modify a planning parcels’ land use density. The property consists of one planning parcel that is 31 ± acres and is located of Azure Hills Road, west of Mesa Grande Drive, and east of Calle Abuelo. Council District 6
3. Case 20CS0500051: A request for a preliminary plat known as Sonoma Ranch East 2 Phase 11. The preliminary plat proposes 90 single-family residential lots that are required to follow all development standards of the R-1b zoning district and the Sonoma Ranch East 2 Master Plan. The subject property encompasses 31.61 + acres and is located north of Azure Hills Road, continuing north on Silver Hawk Avenue and east of Sonoma Ranch Boulevard. Council District 6.
4. Case 20CS0500068: A request for approval of a master plan subdivision known as Banmor Estates Subdivision. The property encompasses 20.56 + acres, is zoned R-1aC (Single-Family Medium Density- Conditional), and R-4C (Multi-Dwelling High Density-Conditional) and is located at 755 W Boutz Road. The development will be constructed in two phases. Submitted by Pillar Engineering LLC, representative. Council District 4