REFERENCE AND RESEARCH
BUSINESS RESEARCH AND INFORMATION
- Business Insights - Provides researchers with information on companies, markets and industries
- Gale Business: Entrepreneurship -Learn how to start, finance, or manage your small business. Includes sample business plans, how to guides, articles, and more.
- Gale Legal Forms - Provides access to hundreds of legal forms for businesses, including forms specifically for New Mexico.
GENEALOGY AND HISTORY
- Ancestry.com Library Edition - Allows access to genealogy and family history records. (Please note, that this database is only available in the library.)
- Chronicling America - Allows people to search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836 to 1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690 to present day.
- Digital Sanborn Maps (New Mexico, 1867-1970) - Valuable historical tools for anyone who wants to learn about the history, growth, and development of New Mexico towns, cities, and neighborhoods.
- Family Search - Provides genealogy researches with access to the largest genealogical organization in the world.
- Heritage Quest Online - The most comprehensive collection of genealogical information available anywhere.
- Hispanic Life in America - The experience and impact of Hispanic Americans as recorded by the news media, 1704 to today.
HOME, HEALTH AND HOBBY
- Chilton's Car Repair Library - Access information on thousands of different car makes and models, repair help, recall information and more.
- Health and Medicine - Find up-to-date information on a range of health care topics. Best for students, researchers, and health care professionals.
- Home Improvement Collection - Contains access to informative articles, guides and information on home repair and improvements.
- NoveList - Provides genre information, author read-alikes, reviews, annotations, book suggestions, book club resources and much more for adults, teens and children.
- Brainfuse Help Now! - Provides live online tutoring and homework help in English and Spanish, along with access to quizzes, lessons, and standardized tests for all ages.
- Elementary - Introduce elementary students to database searching with resources featuring age-appropriate, curriculum-related content.
- High School Edition - Search magazines, journals, newspapers and reference on a range of topics. Best for middle and high school students.
- Learning Express - Offers tutorials, resources and guides on a variety of subjects for elementary school students through high school, and beyond. Also includes test prep for AP classes, SAT and ACT and GED.
- Middle School - Explore the most studied topics including cultures, government, people, history, literature and more.
- Opposing Views in Context - Find overviews, news, and opinions on hundreds of today's important social issues.
JOB AND CAREER RESOURCES
- BrainFuse JobsNow! - Provides career resources, resume and interview help.
- New Mexico Unemployment - Offered through the New Mexico Workforce Connections, this tool is used to process unemployment insurance claims in the state of New Mexico.
- New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions - An all-in-one tool associated with employment, workers’ rights, and compensation. New Mexico residents can use this Website to search, apply, and acquire employment as well as research legal advice in relation to labor laws.
- New Mexico Workforce Connection - Post and search jobs, take virtual workshops and webinars on job skills, find out more information about unemployment and COVID-19. There's also a section for young adults, ages 14-24, that helps with job skills, placement and more.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Powered by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, this tool provides individuals with the requirements, salary, job growth, and general information to all kinds of professions.
- Vocations and Careers - Research a vocation, find an appropriate institution of learning, and get assistance on job searches and maintaining a career.
NEWSPAPERS AND MAGAZINES
New York Times - Access to the New York Times resources is generously made possible by the State Library of New Mexico to library users throughout the state.
- New York Times - use on any device while at on the Library's internet/wifi.
- New York Times - Redeem your code for digital access to the New York Times while away from the Library.
- New York Times Cooking - Redeem your code for digital access to the New York Times while away from the Library.
- New York Times Games - Redeem your code for digital access to the New York Times while away from the Library.
- News - Access major U.S. and international newspapers online to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, or other fields.
- NewsBank - Search for articles in New Mexico newspapers, including the Albuquerque Journal (1995-current), and the Roswell Record (2002-current).
- Academic OneFile - Quickly access articles from scholarly journals and other trusted periodicals.
- Digital Public Library of America - Brings together the riches of America’s libraries, archives, and museums, and makes them freely available to the world.
- Gale InfoTrac Databases - Lists all the databases available to our library for research.
- General One File - Access to general interest magazines, and key serials in a single resource.
- Grey House Publishing - directory of variety of research materials from a leading Publishing company.
- Informe Academico - Search Spanish language scholarly journals and magazines.
- Mango Language - Mango is a personalized, adaptive language learning experience that provides the tools and guidance needed to expand your language skills.
- New Mexico Compilation Commission - Provides access to the official laws of New Mexico.