RV Parking Permits
Changes to the City of Las Cruces Recreational Vehicle (RV) Ordinance took place on September 1. View ordinance 2856 or read the following information:
- Ordinance 2856 - An ordinance repealing and replace in its entirety section 27-12-6-17, Parking restrictions for recreational vehicles, of the Las Cruces Municipal Code 1997, as amended. (Approved on June 4, 2018).
- Due to the change in the ordinance, RVs will now follow the same codes as any other vehicle.
The following are some of the changes:
- When parking an RV on the street, a parking permit must be obtained and displayed, and you will have 8 hours to obtain that permit.
Free Permits Can be obtained at the following:
- Online (Accela Online Permitting) - This is a free service, for more information view the how to apply for online parking permit video
- East Mesa Public Safety Complex
500 North Sonoma Ranch Boulevard
Las Cruces, NM 88001 Contact us: RVPermitting_Codes@las-cruces.org
- Las Cruces City Hall Permit Counter (Community Development)
700 North Main Street
Las Cruces, NM 88001
Hours are Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday from 7 to 11 a.m. Contact us: RVPermitting_ComDev@las-cruces.org
Parking on the street is limited to 6 consecutive days, with a maximum of 18 days in a 90-day period. The RV must be parked at the address listed on the permit. The RV must be moved for 24 hours between permit periods.