Individual Volunteer Process
The steps to become a Network Volunteer are very simple:
1. Fill out the volunteer application and return it to The Network Volunteer Center office or email it to our Volunteer Coordinator, Ryan Steinmetz, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Attend a Volunteer Orientation. Click here to see a calendar with upcoming Volunteer Orientations scheduled. Email our Volunteer Coordinator (see above) with the day and time you would like to attend the volunteer orientation. All volunteer orientations are 1.5 hours long and take place at the Munson Center, 975 S. Mesquite St.
3. All volunteers must pass a background check. For volunteers working specifically with minors, an additional drug screening may be required. Please contact Volunteer Coordinator with any questions regarding this policy.
4. Once a volunteer is cleared, the Volunteer Coordinator sends out a Volunteer Connection email that connects the volunteer with their Volunteer Station and Station Supervisor to arrange a schedule for volunteer service!
Note: The process to become a volunteer for Parks and Recreation sports programs is different and can be found here.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteerism is an important part of creating a healthy and vibrant community. Neighbors helping neighbors is what community is all about! In addition to the impact that volunteering has on the community, there is also a significant impact on the volunteer! There are lots of reasons to volunteer. Whether you want to give back to your community or to get connected to others, you’re looking to fulfill a class requirement or you’re wanting to gain work experience through volunteering, we are confident that with over 30 Volunteer Stations across City Programs to choose from, we have the volunteer opportunity for you! And if we don’t, we can steer you in the right direction to other non-profit organizations in Las Cruces who could surely use your help!
Volunteers also receive access to the following:
- Secondary Volunteer Insurance while participating in service activities
- Volunteer Connection Newsletters, Emails, and Facebook Newsfeed
- Volunteer Appreciation Events—held quarterly, anything from special breakfasts to ice cream socials. Check our calendar to see if there is an appreciation event coming soon!
Current Volunteer Opportunities and Volunteer Stations
Check here to see what current volunteer opportunities are available.
The term Volunteer Station refers to any site throughout the city where Network Volunteers do their volunteer service. Click here to see a list and brief description of our Volunteer Stations as well as a link to those sites.