Cooling Stations Open Through Thursday 2018
The National Weather Service is keeping triple-digit temperatures in its forecast through Thursday, so the City of Las Cruces will keep its five cooling stations open through then.
A cooling station is a place that offers temporary shelter from the heat for the elderly, other high-risk residents, and the general public.
The cooling stations are:
- Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 W. Bell St. (575/528-2455)
- Henry R. Benavidez Community Center ,1045 McClure Rd. (575/541-2006)
- Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave. (575/541-2563)
- Munson Center, 975 S. Mesquite St. (575/541-3000)
- Sage Café, 6121 Reynolds Dr. (575/528-3151)
The cooling stations will be open weekdays until 8 p.m.