City Activates Cooling Stations 2018
With the National Weather Service forecasting triple-digit temperatures for the next few days, the City of Las Cruces has activated five facilities as cooling stations through Sunday. A cooling station is a place that offers temporary shelter from the heat for the elderly, other high-risk residents, and the general public.
The cooling stations will be open until 8 p.m. weekdays and from noon to 8 p.m. on weekends.
The cooling stations are:
- Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 W. Bell St. (575/528-2455)
- Henry R. Benavidez Community Center ,1045 McClure Rd. (575/541-2006)
- Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave. (575/541-2563)
- Munson Center, 975 S. Mesquite St. (575/541-3000)
- Sage Café, 6121 Reynolds Dr. (575/528-3151)