2018 Student Video PSA Contest Winners Announced
The City of Las Cruces Public Information Office today announced the winners of the 12th annual CLC-TV Student Video PSA (Public Service Announcement) Contest in which area students were asked to produce a 30-second video PSA. The theme of this year’s contest is “Speak Up.”
A total of 34 entries were received from 60 middle and high school students in the Las Cruces area. There were Silver and Gold winners, with Gold being the highest honor. Entries are judged based on content, technicality and creativity. All winners will have their video PSAs placed on CLCTV.com. Gold winners will also have their PSAs played on CLC-TV Comcast channel 20 for up to one year.
Gold winning PSAs are also posted on CLCTV.com so the public can vote for an overall favorite. The student or duo who receives the most votes for their PSA will each win a brand-new Go Pro camera. Voting will go live Monday, May 7th on CLCTV.com and the deadline to vote is Sunday, May 13th. The winning PSA will be announced on the City of Las Cruces Facebook page on Monday, May 14th.
Congratulations to the following winners:
- “Hide” by Alena Hernandez, 7th grade, Anjolie Hernandez 8th, Mesa Middle School
- “Silently Suffering” by Isaac Nunez, 7th grade, Mesa Middle School
- “Look Up” by Persephanie Avilucea & Hannah Kelley, 8th grade, Sierra Middle School
- “No Stupid Questions” by Adelaide Olberding, 8th grade, Sierra Middle School
- “What If?” by Parker Daniel Drake – 8th grade, Sean Crawford – 7th grade, Las Cruces Catholic School
- “Together We Stand” by Paris Gonzalez & Bella Baca, 8th grade, Sierra Middle School
Gold and Silver winners will be recognized and presented awards at the May 7, 2018 City Council meeting at 1 p.m. in council chambers at City Hall, 700 N. Main St.