Skip to main content


In the event of an emergency, call 911.

For non-emergencies, including basic contact with Animal Control or Codes Enforcement, call (575) 526-0795.

Las Cruces Police patrol boundaries within the City of Las Cruces which is roughly 77 square miles.

LCPD also partners with other agencies such as the Dona Ana County Sheriff's Office, New Mexico State Police and New Mexico State University Police on special operations and other agency-assisted calls.

Crash reports may be obtained online or at the Records window at the Las Cruces Police Department.

Police or incident reports can be retrieved from the Records window, inside the main office of the Las Cruces Police Department at 217 E. Picacho Ave.

The Las Cruces Police Department is allotted 191 sworn officers.

LCPD also employs Animal Control and Codes Enforcement officers along with approximately 100 civilian personnel.

The Las Cruces Police Department conducts a training academy for new officers annually. Job announcements are made through the City of Las Cruces' Human Resources Department and through LCPD's Facebook page.

LCPD also accepts applicants for lateral transfers from other agencies. Lateral Transfer announcements are announced through HR as needed.

For more information contact LCPD's Training Academy or Human Resources.

To report graffiti or vandalism, call the non-emergency phone number for Central Dispatch: (575) 526-0795.

You may also contact Codes Enforcement via email or by phone at (575) 541-4100.

Call Animal Control at (575) 526-0795.

The Dona Ana County Humane Society has recognized Animal Control with its ‘Above and Beyond Award’ for its efforts on reuniting lost pets with their owners.

The kind folks at LCPD's Victims' Assistance Unit can answer your questions and help you through the process.

A registered sex offender registry is maintained by the Dona Ana County Sheriff's Office and can be located here.

Local arrestees who are detained and awaiting trial are usually held at theDona Ana County Detention Center, (575) 647-7600.

A record of those who are convicted of a crime and imprisoned in New Mexico can be found through the New Mexico Corrections Department.

Visit the New Mexico Department of Transportation website for driving conditions and road closures.