The City of Las Cruces offers a wide variety of teen programming and recreation opportunities to enrich the lives of the teens in our community. Through programs, we provide opportunities for teens to practice and learn leadership skills, enhance personal growth, citizenship and life skills that empower them to be confident, productive members of society.
A. FIELDER MEMORIAL SAFE HAVEN
906 N. Tornillo, Las Cruces, NM
The A. Fielder Memorial Safe Haven is a place where teens can gather in a safe environment to engage in a variety of supervised group activities focusing on teamwork, teambuilding, physical fitness, social interaction, education, life skills, community service and creativity (arts). The Safe Haven also provides a location for those who wish to mentor and role model youth in the area who are often deprived of these social supports. For more information on volunteering opportunities please contact the Volunteer Network at (575) 528-3035 or visit http://www.las-cruces.org/en/departments/administration/ccsc/volunteer
Daily Teen Programming (Mid-August through May)
- 3:45 pm – 5:20 pm Homework/Open Gym (Meerscheidt Recreation Center)
- 5:30 pm – 5:45 pm Dinner
- 5:45 pm – 7:00 pm Structured Group Activities/Local Field Trips (Examples of group activities focus on a variety of topics such as teamwork/teambuilding, physical fitness, positive social interaction, education, life skills, community service, creativity (arts), music appreciation, etc.)
- 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm Open Rec at Safe Haven Facility
- 7:30 pm End of daily programming
TEEN VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
The Teen Connection offers multiple opportunities for teens to participate in a variety of community service projects throughout the year. Volunteering for these projects helps teens gain new skills necessary for the job market such as leadership, communication skills, dependability, time management, and decision making. Teens who volunteer perform better at school and build stronger resumes for college and scholarship applications. For upcoming volunteer opportunities please see “Upcoming Events” below or contact us at (575) 528-4235.
- Youth Murals Art Program
- Teen Pilot Programming
- Open gym - Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave. (575) 541-2563
2:30 pm - 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday
BRANIGAN MEMORIAL LIBRARY
- Tuesdays & Thursdays is GAME NIGHT!!
- Young Adult Computers