Wedding ceremonies are available in the Las Cruces Municipal Court with Judge Kent Yalkut officiating.
In order to schedule a wedding, at least one of the individuals being married is required to come to the Municipal Court at 135 E. Griggs Ave, Las Cruces, NM 88001. At that time, instructions will be given on requirements for the wedding as well as being required to acknowledge the wedding appointment in writing. Appointments by phone will no longer be taken.
The following information should help guide you if you are interested in having Judge Yalkut marry you;
- Due to a busy court schedule the only times available for wedding ceremonies at the courthouse are on Fridays between 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Appointments are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis and 2 can be performed each week.
- Appointments are taken at least 3 days in advance. No walk-in or last minutes weddings will be scheduled.
- Marriage License and Certificate must be obtained from the Dona Ana County Clerks Office Marriage License and brought to the court at the time of the wedding.
- To schedule a wedding, 1 of the parties being married must appear at the Municipal Court in order to schedule a future date.
- If you have specially written vows or want something specific, those will need to be provided prior to the ceremony. Otherwise, we have basic vows that will be used.
- If you are interested in Judge Yalkut marrying you at a different location and/or different time, give the scheduling clerk the information and Judge Yalkut will take those into consideration and someone will notify you.