Renovate Main Street
The City of Las Cruces is now accepting applications for Renovate Main Street grants to encourage businesses and property owners in the downtown to upgrade and improve their buildings.
Renovate Main Street is a building improvement matching grant program to incentivize private investment in downtown and encourage economic development growth.
The Renovate Main Street Program will provide financial reimbursement for the improvement and rehabilitation of Main Street properties intended as storefronts of retail, restaurant and entertainment for-profit businesses. The Renovate Main Street program will reimburse half of the costs for eligible projects up to $25,000 per project.
City Council’s strategic plan makes downtown an area of focus for business growth. City Council approved a total of $250,000 for this incentive program at the November 6, 2017 City Council meeting. The Economic Development Department is now accepting applications for the Renovate Main Street Program. The application period is open through the 2018 calendar year or while funds last.
- Grant applications may be submitted at any time during the 2018 calendar year. funding will be awarded on first come, first serve basis until the grant funds have all been dispersed.
- A complete application form shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- Proposal of economic development benefits, such as: new tenants, new jobs, increased sales.
- Property information: price per square foot, leasable area.
- Appropriate drawings, budget estimates, project timelines, proof of ownership or executed leased with owner’s written consent.
- Applicants are required to submit before and after photos during the project completion presentation done before the EDIC
- If property is under a lease agreement, written consent from tenant on project and timeline of completion
- The Applicant will attend preliminary presentation meeting and a post completion meeting with the EDIC members.
- If plans change, revised plans must be submitted to POC within two business days of decision to change. Revisions must be approved before undertaking project changes.
- If approved, an agreement for the Renovate Main Street grant shall be signed by Applicant, Contractor, and the City of Las Cruces.
Contact Armando Morales for more information at email@example.com
Eligible improvements include, but are not limited to:
- Accessibility improvements
- Energy conservation improvements
- Electrical work, including service upgrades
- Fire alarm system
- Fire sprinkler system installation or upgrade,
including any needed water service improvements
- Heating, ventilation, or air conditioning
- Restoration of building such as ceilings, light fixtures,
- Utility services upgrades, including water and sewer
- Green Infrastructure
- Other infrastructure improvements, as approved, with
a significant impact on the building owner’s ability
to attract highest and best use of tenants and/or
increase sales for current tenant
- Repair and restoration of architectural detail,
including façade improvements
- Material costs
- Window repair
- Masonry work
- Repair and replacement of signs and awnings
- Roof repair
- Green Infrastructure
- Other infrastructure improvements, as approved,
with a significant impact on the building owner’s
ability to attract highest and best use of tenants
and/or increase sales for current tenant