Definitions of a Nuisance and Other Terms
Abate = lessen, reduce, or remove
Emergency = Major Nuisance
- Abandoned/dilapidated/vacant properties that have become an immediate public health and safety issue that may have been damaged due to a fire or abnormal weather occurrence.
Properties that is accessed easily by the public.
- Abandoned/dilapidated/vacant properties with no living legal owner or family contacts
- Properties with no know owner (rarely occurs)
- Properties under foreclosure and are in “legal limbo”
- Abandoned/vacant residential properties that may be controlled by either a Trust or an Estate.
- Abandoned/vacant commercial properties that may have multiple owners/investors.
Properties accessed easily by the public.
- Abandoned/vacant properties with known owners that have nuisance maintenance issues.
- Foreclosed properties with nuisance maintenance issues.