Volunteers are crucial to our efforts in keeping the animals of our community healthy and happy. Whether you want to help better the lives of our shelter animals directly or you want to improve the lives of all pets in the community by raising public awareness, your efforts really do make a difference!
Volunteer Opportunities available:
- Dog Walkers NEEDED week days M-F 8-10am and noon-5
- Reading with Canines Program Volunteers (mid-Jan-mid-May) 10:45AM-12:45 Week days
- Sat Am shift (9am) Pets Barn every Saturday morning 10am
- Offsite Adoption Assistant weekends and special events various locations/times
- Weekend Transport teams needed * Must supply own vehicle for transport
- ASCMV volunteer Cat/Laundry room attendant needed ASAP for M-F AM Shift (8-10am)
- ASCMV volunteer Cat/Laundry room attendant 1-5PM DAILY* Scheduled basis
- Sunday AM (8am-10am) and PM shift (noon-4pm). *Scheduled basis
***CAT ROOM/ LAUNDRY ATTENDENT DUTIES include but are not limited to: washing, drying, folding-Laundry, handling cats/ cleaning litter boxes, trimming cat nails, brushing & grooming cats. Other duties might include mopping, kennel cleaning, dusting, and wiping counters/ cages off. >Rabbits and other small furry lovable animals are included in the cat room attendant duties for care and maintenance
.~Please download and print the Volunteer Application and mail, email, fax, or hand deliver the completed application to the Center so we can schedule you for volunteer orientation.
*Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older, (or be accompanied by parent or guardian and have a completed application turned in and approved by Volunteer Coordinator- PRIOR to volunteering at ASCMV.
Volunteer Application (PDF) Please print one Volunteer Application per person, fill it in completely, sign and date the forms and return to one of the following locations:
Animal Service Center of the Mesilla Valley
Attn: Volunteer Programs
3551 Bataan Memorial West
Las Cruces, NM 88012
Phone (575) 382-0018
Fax (575) 373-2819
**Court ordered community service hours are not counted in conjunction with the volunteer program. Please call ASCMV for more information about fulfilling court ordered community service hours. **Please ask for a kennel supervisor*