Programs & Activities
Digital Scavenger Hunt
Saturday, November 18, 10:30am-12:30pm
Bring the family and some friends to participate in a digital scavenger hunt through the museums and the downtown Farmers Market. You will need your cell phone or digital camera and we will provide your checkoff list. The hunt will ask you to search out details in a variety of settings - just like the Art in Detail exhibit. The challenge is to be creative with your photography and focus on the items you are hunting down. Afterwards, enjoy viewing the photographs of your fellow hunters and take a guided tour of the MOA exhibit. Meet in the courtyard outside the Museum of Art at 10:15am for sign in.
ArtrageousSaturdays at 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Join us on Saturdays for fun, themed activities everyone can enjoy!
- Month of October: Spooky Creations
- Month of November: Folk Art
- Month of December: Holiday Art
Reading Art Book Club2nd Wednesday of each month at 2:30 pm
The Reading Art Book Club is dedicated to exploring the connections between art and literature by reading and discussing books. As much as possible, books selected will relate, echo, or enhance the museum’s varied exhibitions.
- October 11 - Mad Enchantment: Claude Monet and the Painting of the Water Lilies by Ross King. The book club will be preceded by a screening of Monet at 2pm.
November 8 - November: Dreaming with His Eyes Open: A Life of Diego Rivera by Patrick Marnham. The book club will be preceded by a screening of Cave of I Paint What I See at 1pm.
December 13 - Broad Strokes: 15 Women Who Made Art and Made History by Bridget Quinn.
Call Education Curator, at (575) 541-2217 for more information.
Art Tales 2nd Tuesday of each month, 10am to 11am
Each month, the Museum of Art brings reading and art together into an outstanding hands-on experience. Kids, come explore a new story each month and create a related art project.
- September 12: The Man Who Set the Town Dancing by Candice Stanford, with a dance activity
- October 10: Mooshka: A Quilt Story by Julie Paschkis, featuring an art lesson on paper quilts
- November 14: Dream Carver by Diana Cohn, with a scratch art animal project