Skip to main content


Calling our Central Dispatch is the quickest way. You can call (575) 526-0795. You may also call the our office Monday through Friday between the hours of 8-5 at (575)528-4100. You can also report violations on-line at ASK THE CITY.

Yard/garage sale signs are one of the City's biggest problem when hosting such an event. These signs cannot be posted on City Property (medians, sidewalks, light posts & stop signs are the most popular violations). Private property (your residence, a neighbor on the corner) are the only allowed places for a sign. Off-premises signs may be used to advertise any garage sale, private sale or event, provided that the signs are not over three square feet in sign area and are used only during the duration of the event. The person erecting the sign and the property owner at the sign location shall be responsible for sign removal and all other requirements concerning signs. Please remember to remove the sign after your successful event. Also, on a side note, please take into consideration of your neighbors due to parking issues and additional activity in your neighborhood.

Prompt reporting of graffiti initiates the abatement process. Graffiti can be reported on-line at ASK THE CITY to initiate a report. A LCPD Codes Enforcement Officer will take a report and begin the abatement process. You may also call the Codes Enforcement Office at (575) 528-4100 or call the non-emergency Mesilla Valley Regional Dispatch Authority at (575) 526-0795.

Whenever the city becomes aware of graffiti on real property, including structures within the city and visible from a public right-of-way or city owned property, the city shall give written notice to the property owner that the graffiti should be removed or effectively hidden within ten days from the date that the notice is served. Prior to being cited under this section, the property owner may give the city written authorization to allow the city to remove the graffiti vandalism if the city has a graffiti removal program available to such private property. There is no charge for this service. However, the property owner is encouraged to take all steps possible to remove it themselves. The City isn't responsible for incorrect matching of paint schemes and does only have limited colors available.

The shelter for your pet requires 3 sides, a roof and an elevated floor. The shelter should also be weather resistant. Keep in mind the pet inside will be cold during the winter and hot during the summer. Also, a shelter does not replace the requirement for a separate shade.

Chaining your dog should be a last resort. But if you must, your dog can only be chained to a fixed object for up to 2 hours per 12 hour period. If you use some type of running line, pulley or trolley system then your dog may be tethered for up to 4 hour per 12 hour period. Keep in mind that the dog should be able to access food, water, shade and shelter as well.

A good question. The answer is maybe. A multi animal site permit is required if you have four (4) to seven (7) dogs, cats, rabbits or any combination of these. If you not sure, please contact Animal Control Services at (575) 528-4100.

The service animal must be permitted to accompany the individual with a disability to all areas of the facility where customers are normally allowed and may not be segregated from other customers.

No. Allergies or fear of dogs are not valid reasons for denying access or refusing service to people using service animals. Both should be accommodated by assigning them, if possible, to different locations within the room.

No. The care or supervision of a service animal is solely the responsibility of his/her owner. You are not required to provide care or food or a special location for the animal.

Should an individual wish to file a complaint because they feel their rights may have been violated can contact the Department of Justice or use the online form at

Under the ADA, State and local governments, businesses and non-profit organizations that serve the general public generally must allow service animals to accompany people with disabilities in all areas of the facility where the public is normally allowed to go. For example, in a hospital it would be inappropriate to exclude a service animal from areas such as patient rooms, clinics, cafeterias or examination rooms. However, it may be appropriate to exclude a service animal from operating rooms or burn units where the animal's presence may compromise a sterile environment.