Travis Brown, is the Fire Chief of the Las Cruces Fire Department. The department has 128 sworn personnel and approximately 12.5 million dollar budget.
The Administration Division is comprised of a Deputy Chief, the Special Programs Battalion Chief, the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Battalion Chief, and the Training Lieutenant.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Policy and Guideline Formulation
- Oversight of Special Operations
- Department Safety Officer
- Training and Operations Guidelines for EMS Services
- New Hire Processes
- Promotional Processes
- Certification Processes
- Research, Planning, and Development
- Management Information Systems
- Training and Development