Landlord and Tenant Relations
The Community Development Department has developed the “Landlord/Tenant Relations” Handbook which is intended to be useful guide for both renters and landlords about their rights and responsibilities under the New Mexico Uniform Owner-Residents Relations Act, more commonly known as the “Landlord-Tenant Law.”
The City developed a brochure in Englishand Spanish that is available to residents who are renters or who own property that they rent to others. The brochures highlight:
- Rental Agreement requirements
- Deposit information
- Landlord and tenant obligations
- Right of entry limitations
- Remedies and corrections available to both the tenant and landlord
- An overview of Going to Court for any disputes
- Fair Housing Laws/Discrimination Prohibitions
For more information, call Community Development Department at 575-528-3022.
New Mexico Legal Aid has an extensive and informative Renter’s Guide: A Handbook for Tenants and Landlords in both English
Law Access New Mexico
7200 Montgomery Blvd. NE, #279
for more Landlord and Tenant resources from Law Access New Mexico.
New Mexico Legal Aid
600 E.Montana, Ste. D, LCNM 88001
Click Here for the Online training module for New Mexico Landlord/Tenant Relations.