Updated July 1, 2019
The Las Cruces Fire Department application period has been extended. The new deadline is now August 15, 2019. If you are interested in applying please click here and submit your application.
For those individuals that have applied for Academy 34, the following is a tentative timeline of the remainder of the process. You will receive email notification throughout the process regarding the written test, PATs and personal history statement screening, interviews, and background
|August 23rd||Written Test (email notifications have been sent to all applicants with instructions to pre-register for the test. Individuals who fail to pre-register will not be allowed to test)||Las Cruces Convention Center||8:00 a.m.|
|September 4th to 7th||Physical Ability Test and Personal History Statement Screening||Las Cruces Fire Department Training Tower||To Be Determined|
|September 18th to 21st||Interviews||To Be Determined||To Be Determined|
|September 27th to October 18th||Background Checks, Physicals, Medicals, Polygraphs (only for individuals selected to continue)||To Be Determined||To Be Determined|
|October 28th||Academy Start Date||LCFD Training Facility||N/A|
- High school diploma or equivalent. Age 18 by the start of the Fire Academy. Must maintain a level of physical fitness to meet department standards.
- Valid drivers license required. Position requires an acceptable driving record in accordance with City of Las Cruces policy.
- Must have New Mexico EMT License or National Registry EMT License by application close date.
- Prior to the start of the academy and as part of the selection process, candidates must pass:
- Acrophobia Test
- Assessment board
- Background investigation (to include a polygraph test
- Medical examination upon offer of position (includes drug screening)
- Physical Ability Test (PAT)
- Written exam (has no study guide)
If you meet these qualifications, please fill out an application as instructed.
Apply now on the Job Interest Card. You will select Fire and EMS, as the Las Cruces Fire Department provides both of these services in our organization. Verify that your email address is correct before submitting. You will receive a confirmation email once your application is received. Please be sure to check your spam folders and add the City of Las Cruces as an approved sender for all email correspondence.