Updated October 30, 2018
The Las Cruces Fire Department application period is now closed. If you are interested in applying for a future academy, please submit a job interest card and refer back to this page for any updates.
For those individuals that have applied for Academy 33, the following is a tentative timeline of the remainder of the process. You will receive email notification throughout the process regarding the written test, PATs and personal history statement screening, interviews, and background
|November 3rd||Written Test (email notifications have been sent to all applicants with instructions to pre-register for the test. Individuals who fail to pre-register will not be allowed to test)||Las Cruces Convention Center||7:30 a.m. and|
|November 10th||Las Cruces Fire Department Workshop||City Hall Council Chambers||1 p.m.|
|November 26th to 30th||Physical Ability Test and Personal History Statement Screening||Las Cruces Fire Department Training Tower||To Be Determined|
|December 3rd to 7th||Interviews||To Be Determined||To Be Determined|
|December 17th to January 21st||Background Checks, Physicals, Medicals, Polygraphs (only for individuals selected to continue)||To Be Determined||To Be Determined|
|February 4th||Academy Start Date||N/A||N/A|
- High school diploma or equivalent. Age 18 by the start of the Fire Academy. Must maintain a level of physical fitness to meet department standards.
- Valid drivers license required. Position requires an acceptable driving record in accordance with City of Las Cruces policy.
- Prior to the start of the academy and as part of the selection process, candidates must pass:
- Acrophobia Test
- Assessment board
- Background investigation (to include a polygraph test
- Medical examination upon offer of position (includes drug screening)
- Physical Ability Test (PAT)
- Written exam (has no study guide)
If you meet these qualifications, please fill out an application as instructed.
Apply now on the Job Interest Card. You will select Fire and EMS, as the Las Cruces Fire Department provides both of these services in our organization. Verify that your email address is correct before submitting. You will receive a confirmation email once your application is received. Please be sure to check your spam folders and add the City of Las Cruces as an approved sender for all email correspondence.