For campaign finance reports and disclosure statements, please visit our archive center and find the "Election Information" folder and then click "All Archive Items."
Please note that the election calendar in the candidate packet had an error. The correct calendar can be found here.
- District Map
- Calling for the 2019 Election
- Campaign Finance Ordinance
- Candidate Packet
- City Charter
- Municipal Judge Letter
A NEW WAY TO VOTE IS COMING TO LAS CRUCES!
This fall, Las Cruces Voters will elect a Mayor, City Councilors in Districts 1, 2, 4, and Presiding Municipal Judge using Ranked Choice Voting (RCV).
- With RCV, you get to rank the candidates from favorite to least favorite.
- For a candidate to win, they must receive a majority of the vote (50% + 1).
- If a candidate gets a majority of first preference votes, they win!
- If no candidate gets a majority of first preference votes, the candidate with the fewest first preference votes is eliminated. Voters who picked this candidate as their #1 now have their 2nd preference vote count. If a candidate gets a majority, they win!
For more information about RCV, click here.